Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The NGP/PSP2 is coming..

So lately Ive been hearing about this new PSP called the "NGP" (next generation portable), and to be honest, I am a sucker for things like this. However, I dont think I will be making the same mistake i made with my PSP in this generation. When I bought my PSP there were a modest selection of games available. I didn't really get into any of the games until Tekken, Crisis Core, and Space Invaders came out. Moding my PSP was great and gave me some of the best gaming days of my life. With the NGP, it seems that Sony has learned a bit from their mistakes with the PSP. A list of games planning to hit the NGP in november has already been released. (Killzone, Uncharted, WipEout, LittleBigPlanet, Call of DutyResistance, Little Deviants, Hot Shots Golf, Reality Fighters, Gravity Daze, Smart AsBroken, Hustle Kings). Unfortunately for me, there has been no conformation on any old or new Dissidia games in the works for the NGP.



Now for some features and specs..

Key NGP features:
Multi-touch 5-inch organic light emitting display (OLED) as the front display
Multi-touch pad on the rear of the device
Dual analog sticks
Two cameras (front and rear)
Software titles on small, dedicated flash memory-based cards
Three motion sensors, gyroscope, accelerometer and electronic compass
Wi-Fi and 3G network connectivity
PlayStation Network access, including ““LiveArea™”, “Near” and “Activity” log features Trophy Support
NGP will be able to play PSP titles, minis, PS one classics, video and comics from the PlayStation Store.

Specs:
CPU ARM® Cortex™-A9 core (4 core)
GPU SGX543MP4+
External Dimensions Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)
Screen
(Touch screen) 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED
Multi touch screen (capacitive type)
Rear touch pad Multi touch pad (capacitive type)
Cameras Front camera, Rear camera
Sound Built-in stereo speakers
Built-in microphone
Sensors Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis electronic compass
Location Built-in GPS
Wi-Fi location service support
Keys / Switches PS button
Power button
Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)
Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)
Shoulder buttons (Right/Left)
Right stick, Left stick
START button, SELECT button
Volume buttons (+/-)
Wireless communications Mobile network connectivity (3G)
IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1×1) (Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode)
Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)


From the sources that I have checked, the starting price seems to be set at $299.99. Which is not bad at all for this piece of tech. But, personally I will be waiting for the first price cut, in order for Sony to come up with a stacked library of games.

1 comment:

  1. I'm like 99.9999 (ongoing) % sure that I will get one on launch day

    ReplyDelete